SHRIMP: DIMP solution for natural gas systems
What is SHRIMP?
SHRIMP is an online tool that operators of natural gas distribution systems use to create a complete, written DIMP plan customized for the specific needs of their system. The SIF, with support from PHMSA and state pipeline safety regulators, offers SHRIMP so utilities can have access to an affordable Distribution Integrity Management Program (DIMP) tool. SHRIMP is designed to create accurate written DIMP plans with ease. SHRIMP asks questions about a user’s infrastructure and creates a DIMP plan ready to sign and implement.
SHRIMP is a complete written DIMP plan that addresses each item in the Federal DIMP Inspection Form. While created with small utilities in mind, it may be used by any utility. SHRIMP pricing is tiered based on system size and is affordable for any system. Click here to view the pricing structure.
The SIF is constantly upgrading and enhancing SHRIMP to add value for gas operators. Since it was launched in 2010, SHRIMP has been upgraded to include features that allow operators to edit, revise and reevaluate their system’s information while saving revisions for historical reference. New sections, additions and refinements to the program make the user experience simple and straightforward. Click to download our informational trifold (PDF).
- purchase SHRIMP online or fill out a SHRIMP application (PDF) to send back to SIF
- renew SHRIMP online or fill out a SHRIMP renewal application (PDF) to send back to SIF
Go directly to the SHRIMP TOOL at http://shrimp.apgasif.org. You will need to be a current SHRIMP subscriber and enter your SHRIMP SIF login to access the SHRIMP tool.
Get copies of your plan online. If your plan is misplaced current subscribers can log to http://shrimp.apgasif.org at any time of day and download another copy. If you need a replacement copy and are not a current subscriber the SIF staff will, for a $100 service charge, email you a copy of your plan during regular business hours. This will be a copy of the last plan you created and will not include any SHRIMP updates made after that time.
- SHRIMP 2.1.7 users guide
- First time using SHRIMP 2.0? Click here to read the technical notes about going from SHRIMP 1 to SHRIMP 2.
- example of a SHRIMP-generated DIMP written plan
- DIMP enforcement guide
- data requirements for using SHRIMP (WORD doc)
- DIMP Inspection Form 22 (PDF)
- DIMP Inspection Form 24 (PDF)
- Distribution Integrity Management: Guidance for Master Meter and Small Liquefied Petroleum Gas Pipeline Operators (PDF)
- Procedures for developing and implementing DIMP elements using SHRIMP (DOC)
- PHMSA DIMP Inspection Form Questions 5/2/2011 and a Discussion of How Each Item Is Addressed In a Written DIMP Plan Created Using SHRIMP (DOC)
- Learn more about PHMSA's rules on Integrity Management
Having any problems with SHRIMP? Please email email@example.com.